Table of Contents
If you want to use Deepin as a secondary system without erasing the hard drive it is by Deepin Windows Installer. Be sure to create two partitions "/ Home" (for documents) And "/" (for the system). If you do not start, try editing the Boot Menu.
To learn more about how are partitions on GNU / Linux, and their differences, visit documentation for formatting partitions.
Make backup important data and keep it in a separate hard drive. In Deepin have a application support.
- After installing Deepin you have preinstalled
shim, Responsible for running low Secure Boot. Do not delete it.
- Check if the GRUB It is correctly configured. In the terminal you can update with
sudo update grub.
Two keys to transfer files between Windows and Deepin points:
- Deepin using file manager integrated (analogous to "Windows Explorer").
- If you use the letters of the alphabet as "C" or "D" in Deepin uses "sda1", "sda2" as the ID of the drive in Windows ...
- To start using mounting points Deepin
/home(user folder). The latter is similar to the Library in Windows 7 and contains subfolders as Documents, Pictures, Downloads, among others.
- You can check with GParted to manage partitions as you would in Microsoft Windows.
- If Deepin fails to read Windows partitions:
- Deepin uses EXT4 partitions while Windows uses NTFS. Therefore, some advanced operations differ in those operating systems.
- If you restart Windows incorrectly with the quick start, the partitions would be blocked. One solution is to uncheck "Quick Start Enable (Recommended)"Setting off in the Control Panel.
- Another solution is to create a shared FAT partition to store files up to 4 GB.
- If Deepin not start:
- One of your partitions could be damaged. By displaying the screen with pure text, use the tool fsck and executes'fsck / dev / sdXX -y', for now check and repair any damage.
- Check if any Windows application is modifying partitions Deepin.
- If Windows does not start:
- Investigates an irregularity, there are certain possibilities of failures occur in the boot drive.
- Check if GRUB is damaged, more details this page.