Table of Contents
An Deepin repository It is a container for exclusive software OS. It is notable for offering applications to download or install. If you want better results in the download, we recommend you switch to one near your area.
Repositories have data software packaged. Hence it is named packages. If you come from microsoft WindowsTo install a program you need 1 or more packages. Packages that are dependent on others is known as dependencies.
Repositories carry thousands of packages. Even they reach hundreds of thousands. Because create a store software requires GB of data. You can even make your own and share with friends, but is a subject for another discussion.
One or more repositories contain software needed for the system. So you can even upgrade your computer silently.
For proper operation of the repository, you must have the following points.
- The URL where you connect. For example:
- Distribution, depending on the version of the operating system. 15.1 is
panda. Since 15.10 is
- The sections. Deepin has enabled several sections as
main contrib non-free(According to the Debian guidelines to know which is free to use and not free).
- The quality of the packages. The binary repository takes the denomación
deb(Package) and source as
- Binary Repository (Or simply repository). It comes by default. With the help of the Deepin StoreYou can download the necessary data. After that, you will have installed your favorite program.
- Source code repository. If you're a developer you will see that this section takes some open source software. What have the ability to install to your liking the compilation method. It is disabled for most users.
Deepin has several repositories worldwide with copies of the original. We know as mirror. It helps users to have content available. Also download quickly and with little latency.
To change one repository to another, you must require a mirror. If you want to know more details visit Article How to change a repository.
So the software is not altered Deepin reviews the key repository. Said key is the "signature" to find the authenticity of the package. All packages uploaded to the store are "signed".
Deepin repository contains the necessary software. Sometimes, the software vendor offers COMPLEMENTARY REPOSITORY. We suggest taking into account if you want to install apart from the official store Deepin.
Tags: Software Deepin