This publication is outdatedThis method does not work in Deepin 15.10 lion or later.
We constantly receive our Telegram and other social networks, user queries to respect and DDE is that this feature present in the latest editions of Mozilla Firefox, not activated.
The first thing is that we assumed was due to some incompatibility of the QT regarding GTK desktop; I personally seemed strange the fact that downloading a nightly or versions (betas) application if it was feasible.
So it was that in a conversation with another member user equipment internal testing Mahmoud Elswerky the mystery is over. In the opinion of the pack and pre-configure the application for Mozilla stable version introduces variables in the script generated by the shortcut.
Since in Deepin to the request from the terminal a env | grep XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP we returnedXDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = Deepinan outcome not anticipated by the configuration of Firefox.
To solve this we will carry out a few simple modifications.
- Files Deepin open in administrator mode and headed to / usr / share / applications
- Here we locate the file named Firefox select it and choose the right mouse button to open with gedit.
- We locate the lineExec = / usr / lib / / firefox% u and addenv XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = KDE
- Must be soExec = env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = KDE / usr / lib / / firefox% u
- We keep, out and to the start Firefox can now enjoy this feature.
Note: We have detected that the lineExec = / usr / lib / / firefox% udiffers between versions of Firefox; for example we use in this item of Deepin Firefox while Firefox-latest that we maintain in our repository Deepines or Mozilla page differs. Do not worry, whatever its content, you just have to add the extra that we show in the tutorial,