In the recent version of Deepin (20.2.2) we are presented with the new App Store, with cooler visual redesign, a simplified interaction and compatibility with Android applications. In addition, kernels now they are updated with the upstream, also the support of GPUs and graphic cards is extended. Deepin applications are updated and optimized, offering greater stability and improved compatibility. In addition, from now on Deepin supports safe boot «secure boot«, being the first system in its country to guarantee that the device boots reliable software, protecting the security of the system.
In this version in addition to the new design, the interaction is simplified and the batch installation is already possible to save time and greatly improve the user experience, the content of the categories was optimized and provided on a page ordered by ratings, downloads and time updated. As a bonus, containers and applications of Android To meet the needs of users in work, study, games and other scenarios.
Note: Android containers currently only work with the Kernel 5.10 (LTS) option. For Kernel 5.12 (stable), Android support is still under development. At the moment, you can only test with some applications available in the store. More details you can consult in our article dedicated to the subject.
SAFE START SUPPORT
To secure your device comprehensively, Deepin has obtained its own secure boot certificate, becoming the first GNU / Linux distribution in China to have it. When you select «Safe boot" in the BIOS (UEFI only), the system only boots the kernel signed during installation and the device boots using only software that is trusted by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Therefore, you no longer need to disable that option to have the system installed.
The stable kernel is updated to Kernel 5.12 and the LTS kernel has a minor update to Kernel 5.10.x after the main one, which further improves the stability and compatibility of the system. Also, the dual cores can be installed, updated manually, and swapped whenever you like.
CHANGE LOG DDE
- Added: a variety of biometric authentication methods in the interface of "login", "lock screen" and "control center«.
- Fixed: In a dual screen environment, the exchange hot it made with high certainty that the PC entered the lock screen.
- Fixed: Abnormal color of the background frame of Bluetooth in the dock.
- Fixed: Notification center crashing once opened.
- Fixed: Control center window position moves when clicking primary and secondary screen icons in extended mode.
- Added: support for custom screensavers by images.
- Added: in the list view, if the folders were too many and took up the whole page, the option "New folder / document" would be shown in the context menu.
- Fixed: After copying a large number of small files to a USB flash drive (NTFS) and interrupting the copying process, some files on the USB flash drive cannot be deleted.
- Fixed: Clicking "Safely Remove" to remove a CD-ROM drive would not normally remove the device.
- Fixed: Errors occurred when dragging files to a USB flash drive in format ext4.
- Fixed: Files cannot be dragged to file vault if file vault was created in file selection dialog.
- Fixed: Application crashed when dragging multi-level folders from SMB / FTP to local.
- Fixed: the back and forward keys cannot be used in the phone book.
- Fixed: The app crashed when renaming a folder with a Gerrit address.
- Fixed: text in search box overlapped when window width was set to minimum.
- Fixed: the directory addresses in the window were not centered.
- Fixed: memory leak.
- Fixed: some options were missing from the main menu.
- Fixed: If I cut and paste a read-only folder into other directories using Ctrl + X and Ctrl + V, pressing Ctrl + Z to undo it, there was an error message.
- Fixed: The logic of emptying the trash to the Dock was inconsistent with that of the File Manager.
- Fixed: The disk space of the optical drive displayed on the Computer page was incorrect after unmounting and remounting the optical drive.
- Fixed: Tag information was restored to the wrong file if two files with the same name were restored to the trash.
- Fixed: the window did not disappear after clicking "Skip" in the progress window.
- Fixed: No response after adding tags to two folders, right-clicking the folders in tag directory and opening them with the default program, and clicking "Confirm".
- Fixed: System froze shortly after right-clicking a file in FTP while cutting files.
- Fixed: the images and their thumbnails did not match.
- Fixed: The drive letter that should be hidden was not hidden on the computer page
- Fixed: The font size of a tagged filename was not changed with the system font settings.
- Fixed: There was a "Write Error" message after repeatedly sending the same file to a flash drive USB in VFAT format and click "Replace".
- Fixed: File vault creation time was empty if created in file selection dialog.
- Fixed: Recent page logs did not disappear in real time after changing the FTP / SMB file name.
- Fixed: Duplicate file message did not appear after repeatedly sending the same file on desktop to ext4 disk.
- Fixed: File Manager didn't automatically switch to default directory, but still showed FTP directory after unmounting FTP directory in Dock.
- Fixed: After checking "Full Text Search" in settings, an index was created on ./config/deepin/dde-desktop.
- Fixed: When the screen scale was set to ≧ 1.25 for a HiDPI screen, the icon in the information column was too large.
- Fixed: It said "Mount Failure" after right-clicking on a folder in the directory SMB and open it as administrator.
- Added: new extensions.
- Improved: UI is displayed below search box.
- Improved: importing bookmarks from Chrome.
- Fixed: HTML file was displayed out of order after being saved locally.
- Fixed: the menu in the left navigation bar of the settings page was not unified.
- Fixed: some images were not displayed clearly in the browser.
- Fixed: Left bar text darkened when system font size was 14.
- Fixed: vertical lines to the left of the search box.
- Fixed: some icons were not showing on the search results page.
- Improved: font can be replaced with settings from source of the system.
- Fixed: abnormal display of process names and icons.
- Fixed: Inconsistent resource names and sizes when using different download methods.
- Fixed: some types of download tasks were not running correctly.
- Fixed: the confusing download icon in the pitcher.
- Fixed: Downloader could not be called to start downloading from time to time.
- Fixed: When "Disable touchpad when mouse is connected" was enabled, even if the mouse was disconnected, the touchpad still did not work.
- Fixed: User accounts could not be removed correctly.
- Fixed: The base became abnormal after double-clicking the touchpad with two fingers.
- Fixed: "smart mirror switch" behavior when disabled when dialing.
- Fixed: missing buttons.
- Fixed: the application closes if you exit the main menu in the image viewing interface.
- Fixed: Unable to click Play All button on search results page.
- Fixed: Slow response when choosing colors from the palette if HiDPI display scale was set to 2.0 or higher.
- Fixed: the "print preview" window did not call when you wanted to print for the first time after opening the application.
- Fixed: The rounded corners of the windows were not changed with the settings in the control center.
- Fixed: the system could not be installed in certain circumstances.
- Fixed: no boot option to drill down to / boot / efi / EFI path.
- Fixed: UI issues in language selection window.
- Fixed: the distribution of the keyboard it was automatically changed according to the selected language instead of the configured one. This error was previously reported when Latin American Spanish was selected.
- Fixed: App crashing after clicking "Submit" or saving draft.
- Fixed - Emails were lost after linking a POP3 account and restarting the app.
- Fixed: The application crashed when an email was deleted from the Conversations window.
- Fixed: Export issue for single email.
- Fixed: the middle button of the mouse not responding after selecting a email and scroll through the added emails page.
- Fixed: The added mailing list was not updated when new emails were received.
- Fixed: Automatic expansion of mailing list added.
- Fixed: App would crash once Install button was clicked on certain packages.
- Added support for different GPU models (Graphic card), including A10, A10G, A30, PG506-232, RTX A4000, RTX A5000, T400, T600.
- Added support for the rtl8852ae network card.
For now this new version is available in ISO images as we present below:
- Official download:http://cdimage.deepin.com/releases/20.2.2/deepin-desktop-community-20.2.2-amd64.iso
- Google Drive:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/151KDDRyvx8QTijB8LdloV-ByHlwGotRa
Meanwhile the update will progressively reach the preferred mirror via the control center or the terminal.