We have recently incorporated into our Deepines repository the new version of Libreoffice, the most popular office suite on GNU / Linux. To install it, you must first add the repository to your system Deepines: Click here to install it.
Then you must open a terminal and run
sudo apt update. Finally you will be able to install the new version of the suite, invoking the meta package that we have created for this purpose. This in turn will install the application in the language of your system, together with the help and the corresponding dictionaries. In this case, in deepines, we support English, Portuguese, Pt-Brazil and of course Spanish. To install it on your computer, run the following command after following the steps described above:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install libreoffice-latest
LibreOffice in its version 6.1 implemented a theme called Colibre, it was developed by Andreas Kainz and is inspired by the theme ofmsoffice2013. Colibre comes as a default theme when installing LO on Windows but the same does not happen in the version for Linux.
Setting Colibre as default theme:
- First we open any LibreOffice application, in this case we will open Writer.
- Now we go to the Menu of Tools and we scroll down to the sub-menu Options.
- In the pop-up window, I go to the View section.
- In this section we seek Style iconswe unfold the bottom box and change Breeze to ColibreAnd give OK.
- Automatically or in some cases closing and reopening the application, a different aesthetic is achieved.