Hello, the next post aims to facilitate installation and use of an app aimed at managing the fans of Nvidia video cards (Series GT, GTX and RTX) by making use of proprietary drivers of the same brand.
As you know, fans of the latest editions of plates Nvidia just beginning to light at high temperature levels, which translates into gaming to risky temperatures in Windows using any of the known apps that provide manufacturers plates it would be made video control ventilation thereof. While in Linux that task is stepping into the unknown. This app aims to facilitate that task comparable to Windows levels, here the steps required for proper installation of this app:
preparation prior to installation:
1. Open the terminal and to write Sudo nvidia-settings
2. X Server Display Configuration, Click on Save to X Configuration File and place /etc/X11/xorg.conf as the destination folder, no other, because the file will not work otherwise.
Graphical display of the above.
Note that the file does not exist in the route described. It is automatically generated after being saved.
3. Back in the terminal set sudo Deepin-editor /etc/X11/xorg.conf
4. Refer to the section device and writing, respecting the lines and text structure, Option "Coolbits' '4'
5. This step is optional, but useful, in section monitor, to write Option "DPI" "96 x 96"This will cause the letters to enter the password and some games or apps rendered by plaque are not so little.
After the restart, if they open the configuration panel Nvidia will see this:
A new section within "thermal settings"Which allows control of the fans, see this will mean that you have done well steps.
Now it will proceed with the installation of the app, available in the repository Deepines 2.0
update && sudo apt sudo apt install nvidia-fan-Control
You see, the app is simple to use, it is set the curve on which you run the / the fan / is video board, to click on "By" and then to "Save Settings". For ease of use is recommended to enable both the same app as the panel Nvidia, Running at startup. Leave running in the background so that the curve continues to run. To conclude I leave the specifications of the app:
- Exclusive owners of Nvidia drivers (Does not work with free Nouveau).
- At the moment we have been able to make it work on solutions for laptops as Prime or Bumblebee.
- Suitable for SLI, allowing fan configuration up to six video cards.
- Lightweight, it does not occupy more than 25MB of RAM running.
- Ability to change time values review of temperatures between 1 and 120 seconds.
- Made in Python and PyQt, giving the advantage of allowing the latter to adapt to light and dark of Deepin issues.
I hope you will be very useful, Greetings!