We all like to have a beautiful desk with a wallpaper to our liking and icons make even more personalized environment in which we work every day. It has probably happened to you that you have searched for weeks or perhaps months package ideal for your liking icons. Then you find it, you love ... but to install it notes that not all icons are to your liking and maybe the package does not contain custom icons for any of the applications you use, do not worry, today we'll show you any icon is changed without much effort system, read on.
I raised above can be frustrating because if one or more of the icons that usually anchors to dock applications do not like or simply does not exist in this package is possible to give up using these icons. Today I bring you the solution to this dilemma, in fact I bring you two solutions in one. we will talk "MenuLibre"And also"alacarte" two Apps that helps you exactly the problem mentioned above, allow you to change any system icon regardless of icon theme you use. You can even change the icons that have already been modified by your icon Pack.
In this article we will use "MenuLibre"As an example, but the alternative"alacarte"It is equally effective, both are available today for you in our alternate repository Deepines, Go to your official website and install it as a prerequisite to obtain the above applications. once installed Deepines use one of the following commands to install one of the two:
sudo apt install menulibre
sudo apt install alacarte
Change icons MenuLibre or alacarte It is extremely simple, the process is as follows:
- Select the icon you want to change, in my case it is the icon of an application called Lucky Backup I love but hate your application icon check this out:
- That will be solved quickly
- In the new window you need to click on the icon selection as shown in the screenshot below, then you must navigate to where you saved the icon you want to use, as is now displayed:
- Once you have selected your new icon that Notaras preview icon will change according to the new icon you selected as happened in the example below and before closing the window sure clicking "Apply"(Apply) as shown in this screen shot:
- Now before closing MenuLibre sure that you save your changes fully, otherwise the process will not work, this is done by clicking on icon "Save Launcher" in the top left of MenuLibre as shown below:
- Now you just need to log off your system and log in again, you should then see the changes reflected in your icon. If for some reason the new icon on the dock just delete it and anclalo shown again.
That's it, you learn to modify any system icon whether iconpack're using, note that both MenuLibre or Alacarte applications are almost similar except for some minor changes in its interface so that we invite you to try both and use preferred. Again remember to install Deepines for easy installation and to get the latest version of these programs.