In this article, we illustrate the post-installation steps, after install Deepin to improve the user experience. For those who are new to Deepin, we encourage you to familiarize the Control center representing the gear icon (for future versions of the guide). On this page you will have other tricks to get the most out of the system.
Change the mirror
The first step is to select the mirror faster than serve both system updates to install applications from the store. We remind you that, by default, Deepin works with repositories hosted in China; those which in some cases may be somewhat slow to download, if you are away from them.
To solve it:
- Open the Control Center;
- Go to the Update section;
- Click "Update Settings" and click "Change mirror"
- Wait speed test of different mirrors
- Select the fastest possible and restart the system.
If this is not enough you can get better results by applying the detailed method in the following article: Resolve speed repositories.
Once the mirror selected, the next step is post-installation back to the Control Center. Returns to the main menu and searches for updates by clicking "Update". When the system finishes and if any notice the show, which you must accept to continue.
Trick pros: Another way is to do it from terminal with:
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade.
Install proprietary drivers
As a first step after post-installation it is advisable to install microcode for Intel CPUs or AMD. These are patches via software known bugs or security flaws. It is available in the repositories. You must install them via terminal or Synaptic.
sudo apt install amd64-microcode
sudo apt install intel-microcode
Remember that subsequently need to reboot.
We emphasize that this section is in transition, as the distro developers have a very ambitious project in this regard, and are developing a comprehensive system for handling and installation of the same called Drive Center.
At the moment we have the new installer graphics (or video) drivers Deepin where you'll find support for different GPUs. It is available as application "Graphics Center».
About AMD do you know that you should not install anything because the company has released all its code, recently adding Vulkan to this opening. Support for this brand is provided by the kernel called AMDGPU, Coverage includes the Vega RX, RX, R9, R7, R5, Radeon HD 9000, 8000 and 7000. The rest is supported by the free driver xserver-xorg-radeon.
Remember that AMDGPU-PRO is only compatible with Ubuntu 16.04, Red Hat and Centos. Although there are methods to install Deepin "with varying degrees of success" because they involve a regression of the X.org.
On the other hand, NVidia, you can install the proprietary driver from the driver manager itself or leave the Noveau controller, open source. There are solutions such as Prime or bumblebee (For 15.08).
For beginners to Deepin: We recommend visiting First steps calmly to meet the necessary sections in Deepin. Most of the necessary software is already or will be included in the future.
- To manage more than 67,000 packages in the repository distro, not visible in the store; you can avail yourself of mythical Synaptic. Get it from Deepin Store or by the terminal to the run
sudo apt-get install synaptic, Hit enter and accept the confirmation.
- Deepin carries audio and video codecs: These are installed by default and supported natively.
- If you want a firewall you Gufw. From the store or via
sudo apt install gufw
- To read documents created in Office use Windows compatible fonts:
sudo apt install ttf-mscorefonts-installer ttf-bitstream-vera ttf-dejavu ttf-liberation ttf-freefont
- Install the rar compressor (used by Winrar) for multiple volumes:
sudo apt install rar
- Install flash Player:
sudo apt install flashplugin-nonfree
- Use the free version Java:
sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre icedtea-8-plugin
- Play DVD movies:
sudo apt install libdvd-pkg libdvdread4 python3After confirming the dialog box, type:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure libdvd-pkgand confirm again.
- For administrators. To complement the user organization and present networks in the control center Deepin and have access to a graphical environment with more options regarding permissions and groups:
sudo apt install gnome-system-tools.
- In Deepin 15.8 you have a power manager. For earlier versions, you would need to use TLP to save energy in laptop and the like:
sudo apt install tlp tlp-rdwand runs with
sudo tlp start.
- Optional. Add support and install packages. Visit the articles Flatpak Y Snap.
- do not forget to add our repository deepinesfor extra software not available in the official repositories. The steps in the linked article.
Interaction with mobile devices
If you have problems connecting with mobile devices, here are some suggestions:
- Add iPod / iPhone / iPad:
sudo apt install ifuse
- Manage iPod (Gtkpod):
sudo apt install gtkpod
- add supportMTP Android devices:
sudo apt install mtp-tools mtpfs
- Add FTP support file services implemented under this protocol:
sudo apt install vsftpd
Using external repositories
To add support for PPA. Simply use the terminal:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties software-properties-common
Deepin alternative method in Spanish: To integrate and manage graphically support PPP Deepin
Note: This enables the use of the command sudo add-apt-repository ppa: as you would in Ubuntu. But we must remember a PPA is an unofficial external repository that is fully thought for some versions of Ubuntu. Usually these have a base incompatible with Deepin packages (in addition we recommend using Flatpak for porting apps to this system).
Please refrain from using PPP on unless you know what you are doing with the deb packages. The same applies to the use or insertion of Debian repositories in sources.list.
Our Repository: To address the issue of PPPs described above and intended to prevent unsuspecting users break their system, we have created a repository that aims to be an alternative and reliable source compatible software. To inform yourself about it, you can follow the link.Deepines repository.
The following is an video tutorial on post-installation activities Deepin. Some of the tricks we complement our website.
Car is Administrator and Founder Deepin In Spanish, Car It is also developer team Latin CodeAnd his set of icons Marea Icons It is included by default in Deepin, as part of the team Car performs numerous functions including author he is on the website and always active helping community members both our website and the group chat live Telegram.