DEEPIN 20.1 (1010)
Deepin 20.1 (1010) comes with new kernel 5.8 (stable), Debian base 10.6, improved system stability and compatibility, optimized boot performance, installation time, resource usage, boot response, etc. better user experiences.
KERNEL STABLE MOST CURRENT
Let's remember that currently Deepin provides us with two versions of the kernel, one version Long Time Support(LTS), translated into Spanish as extended support versions. They are versions of the kernel used in business or server environments due to their robustness and because they avoid failures due to incompatibilities in major updates. The other is the versionStable, the stable versions are more recent than the LTS, they are the ones that after a testing process, are considered to work well enough to be used by the general public.
The kernel is updated to version 5.8 (stable) and there is a minor update for Kernel 5.4 (LTS), which can be installed in the Control Center, in the Updates section. The new kernel not only improves overall stability, but also ensures compatibility with more different devices.
Note: It is planned to update to kernel 5.10, via system updates, in the near future.
UPDATED SYSTEM BASE
Debian 10.6 as a base (the most stable version) is built in by default to fix security issues and resolve other issues.
Note: It is planned to upgrade the system base to Debian 10.7 in the near future.
In Deepin 20.1, the operational efficiency of the processors, the transmission and response of the network, the reading and writing of files and the visualization of graphics, have been significantly improved through the general optimization of the kernel codes and configurations; conventional operations have been fully optimized. You'll enjoy smoother experiences and faster responses.
IMPROVED DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT
Control center: power settings with new plans. It supports three modes: balanced, energy saving and high performance. When maximum performance is required, high performance mode offers smoother user experiences.
Bluetooth: In addition to the Bluetooth device connection, file transfer is also supported, which is convenient for small file transmission and avoids the hassle of using cables.
smart mirror- Greatly improves download speed by installing apps or updating system, analyzing your location and intelligently choosing the most convenient mirror to speed up download speed.
NEW DEEPIN APPS AVAILABLE
Some pre-installed applications are replaced with Deepin applications: Firefox -> Browser, Thunderbird -> Mail, GParted -> Disk Manager and Cheese -> Camera, which enriches the application ecosystem, satisfies the needs of different scenarios and provides an interface unified user and interactive experiences.
Note: You can get Phone, Scanner and Downloader from App Store.
- New: Touch gesture support, including swipe acceleration and one finger gestures.
- New: Control Center - Date and Time - Time Format.
- New: Control Center - Energy - Energy Plans.
- New: Control Center - Bluetooth - file transfer function.
- Optimized: the experience on touchscreen devices.
- Optimized: the interaction of the network connection status in the Dock and Control Center.
- Optimized: the lock screen interface, including changing the shutdown icon and restart icon, etc.
- Optimized: Dock interaction rules.
- Optimized: the response of the Dock.
- Optimized: visual and interactive launcher experiences.
- Fixed: Fingerprint list not showing when creating more than 10 fingerprint passwords.
- Fixed: Category order error in Launcher full screen mode.
- Fixed: Launcher window mode was not synchronized by Deepin ID from Control Center.
- Fixed: System patch details are not listed in system updates.
- Fixed - Speaker can still be used after connecting headphones to laptop.
- Fixed: The three-level menu in Network disappeared after a wireless network card was disconnected.
- Fixed: Bluetooth devices were not fully displayed in the Other Devices list.
- Fixed: display issue on touchscreen devices when opening clipboard or multitasking view if Dock was always hidden.
- Fixed: the overlap issue between the Dock and the window if the Dock was to the left or right of the touch screen.
- Fixed - Scroll bar not working if moved underneath in Launcher mini mode.
- Fixed: OSD indicator did not show touch screen name when connected.
- Fixed: If the Quake terminal window was displayed after being hidden, the window cannot be closed by clicking "Close all" in the Dock.
- Fixed: IPV6 address in network details was scope link address if address was obtained automatically.
- Fixed: Wi-Fi icon in the Dock was dimmed and did not show signal strength.
- New: Full-text search, which supports searching through file content.
- New: restriction rules for shared names.
- New: DJVU images can be previewed.
- New: prohibits sending files with extra long names.
- Optimized: the display of information in the equipment properties window.
- Optimized: the rules for sorting icons on the desktop.
- Optimized: search response speed.
- Optimized: utilization of system resources.
- Fixed: Black screen cuts out when reading and writing large files.
- Fixed: the text color when renaming files.
- Fixed: third line display issue when renaming files.
- Fixed: crash issue when clicking on a file with left and right mouse buttons simultaneously during file search.
- Fixed: High CPU usage after starting Firefox.
- Optimized: the response speed for opening application pages.
- Fixed: Apps updated from system updates were not showing on the recent updates page of the App Store.
- Fixed: If I closed the App Store while downloading apps, the download tasks disappear when reopening. After creating a new download task, the previous tasks reappeared.
- Fixed: Wine apps cannot be installed from App Store.
- Fixed: Can't open Wireshark from App Store after installation.
- Optimized: startup and response speed.
- New: paste notes on top.
- New: drag notes to other notebooks.
- New: move the notes using the context menu.
- New: drag the notebooks to adjust the order.
- New: Select multiple notes and perform batch operations such as save, delete and delete.
- New: text translation.
- New: select audio source in settings.
- Optimized: "Speech to Text" and "Text to Speech" functions.
- Optimized: The font size of the contents follows the font settings in the Control Center.
- Optimized: startup speed.
- Optimized: startup and response speed.
- New: touchscreen and touchpad support.
- New: full screen mode.
- New: Supports DJVU files.
- Optimized: startup speed.
- Optimized: the function of removing bookmarks and annotations.
- New: column edit mode.
- New: color label.
- New: Show blanks and tabs.
- Optimized: startup speed.
- Fixed: crash issue after dragging tabs and creating new windows many times.
- Fixed: .sh script files cannot be opened in it.
- New: create new windows using gestures.
- New: Create new workspaces using gestures.
- New: 10 built-in themes.
- New: tab title format setting.
- New: Adjust the font size by pressing Ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel.
- Optimized: remote management function, including dragging files to upload, automatically adding quotes for dragged files.
- New: Shows the document update time and the corresponding app version numbers at the bottom.
- Optimized: the user interface screen.
- Optimized: the order of the application on the home page.
- Optimized: skip interactions between content.
- Optimized: search interactions.
- Optimized: structure and design.
- Optimized - Hardware performance to improve reading speed and accuracy of hardware information.
- Added: "Export Successful" message.
- New: Displays the remaining information for the printing supplies.
- Optimized: print preview.
- Fixed: There were two successful print messages if the app was added at startup.
- Fixed: Clicking "Reinstall" for the first time did not go to the page to add printers.
- Fixed: the bug when disabling screen scaling.
- Fixed: MT Extra font preview was empty.
- New: pause / resume compression and decompression.
- New: Delete original files after compression / decompression.
- New: Supports zipper compression.
- New: Supports adding and deleting files from / to files.
- Optimized: compression time for large files.
- New: configurations and user orientation when installing some mysql packages.
BACKUP AND RESTORE
- New: Supports shell backup and restore.
- Fixed: data in / var and / opt directories was not backed up.
- Fixed: Incorrect restart message after clicking "Cancel" in dialog requiring password.
- From Deepin 20 1002/1003 to Deepin 20.1: update it in the Control Center or using update commands.
- From Deepin 15.11 to Deepin 20.1: the method is as follows (the update from version 15.11 to 20.1 can only be done in the terminal and is not compatible with the Control Center).
1. Download the script file "15.11-20.1.sh" here: https://wws.lanzous.com/ikMmqjmhtif (password: deepin);
2. Run the script file;
- Method 1: Right click on the file, select "Permission" in "Properties", check "Allow run as program" and exit; double click on the file and select "Run in Terminal".
- Method 2: Open a terminal application and enter the command: sudo ./15.11-20.1.sh
3. The terminal automatically executes the update process. Restart the computer after finishing.
Note: Upgrading from version 15.11 to 20.1 may cause system problems, please backup your files first.
Official: click download
SourceForge: click download
Google Drive: click download