Apple Magic Mouse 2 Deepin 15.9

themac38
Answers: 4
Registered
(@ Themac38)
New (a) Member

I have installed Deepin 15.9 with a mouse magic mouse 2, I would like to use in Depin. And so far only managed to link the magic bluetooth mouse without scrolling functions or gestures.

Would it be possible to operate the scroll in Depin ?.

-Description:

wireless mouse with multi touch gestures

-Year of production:

October 2015

-Connection type:

Bluetooth

-Operating system supported:

MacOS, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu)

4Answers
Ramon Milian
Answers: 21
Registered
(@Ramonmilian)
Eminent member

The Magic Mouse is designed specifically for Mac systems, I do not think that will work well in Linux. I would like to hear from others in the forum.

themac38
Answers: 4
Registered
(@ Themac38)
New (a) Member

The Magic Mouse works perfectly both Windows and Ubuntu. I'm used without any problems in both systems.

humanpowered
Answers: 2
Registered
(@Humanpowered)
New (a) Member

I am running 15.9.2 Deepin on a Thinkpad Lenovo Yoga 14 With Magic Mouse A1296 and everything works well - Including Both Horizontal and vertical scroll.

1 Reply
humanpowered
Registered
(@Humanpowered)

New (a) Member
Answers: 2

I got the Magic Mouse 2 (A1657) Working with OS Deepin. You need to update the Linux kernel to 4.18 or higher and Install this driver: https://github.com/robotrovsky/Linux-Magic-Trackpad-2-Driver .

Horizontal and Vertical scrolling work well. And there is mtrack That driver can be configured to allow tap-to-click, two-finger-scroll, three-finger-drag etc ...

Supposedly the driver HID-MagicMouse for Magic Mouse and Trackpad 2 2 Come With the linux kernel 4.20, but it did not work for me when I tried.

You Might Just be aware of some things you lose functionality (I was not able to use my touchscreen) and / or System May Become unstable - so if you do go esta route Make sure you backup your data.

Cheers!

Share:

please Log In or SignUp