Notificaciones
remove all

[ BIENVENIDO - PLEASE READ THE FORUM DISCUSSION RULES - CLICK HERE - FIND OR SHARE SOLUTIONS ]

RECUERDA, EL FORO NO ES SOLO PARA HACER PREGUNTAS, TAMBIÉN PARA AYUDAR A OTROS SI CONOCES LA SOLUCIÓN

IF YOU EXPERIENCE VISUALIZATION ISSUES VIEWING THE FORUM PLEASE CLEAR YOUR BROWSER'S CACHE

[Resolved] Soy nuevo en Deepin, ¿Puedo instalar programas de Microsoft aquí?

Sortis Legere
Answers: 2
Registered
Iniciante del hilo
(@sortislegere)
New (a) Member

Greetings I'm new to deepin until I just get used to it, does anyone know if I can install word or microsoft programs here? or should I just be guided by your alternatives, greetings

Answer
4 Respuestas
4 Replies
Sortis Legere
Registered
(@sortislegere)

New (a) Member
Answers: 2

cabe señalaar que soy usuario windows de toda la vida y este es mi primer paso a otro sistema. saludos

Answer
Eli
 Eli
Admin
(@Eli)

Admired Member
Respuestas: 1746

@sortislegere you are welcome,

Some people use Wine ( https://www.winehq.org/ ) to run some Windows applications on Linux such as Microsoft Office and others.

There are also others with the same purpose such as Cross-Over (Paid) and PlayOnLinux.

In particular I prefer to use alternative programs made for Linux.

Greetings.

Answer
Dziban
(@Dzziban)

Reliable member
Answers: 58

@sortislegere It would be better if you list the programs you plan to use. so we tell you if its native version exists in linux, if you can run it by wine, or if you better use an alternative.

Answer
Isaías Gätjens M
Admin
(@Igatjens)

Prominent Member
Respuestas: 794

@sortislegere

Hello, of many programs there are versions for Windows, Mac and Linux. For example Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Mega, Spotify, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Skype, among others.

One thing to be clear about is that programs for Windows and Linux "speak different languages", that's why there is a version of Google Chrome that speaks Windows (.exe) and another that speaks Linux.

There is no version of Microsoft Office for Linux (that speaks Linux) and Microsoft is not cooperative or interested in Windows software in general (the .exe or .msi) running on Linux. So running Windows software on Linux is swimming against the current.

Many insist and use Wine or Proton to run Windows software on Linux, but the software often has limitations or bugs. It is possible to use old versions of Microsoft Office with Wine, the older the version, the better it works because people have had time, years in fact, to figure out how to make them work better.

There is software that greatly simplifies the use of Wine, for example PlayOnLinux, Crossover and Lutris.

Personally, I came to the conclusion that forcing Windows software to run on Linux was more frustrating, effort and time wasted than simply migrating to native alternatives, which is why I forgot to try to use Wine and personally did not do it. I recommend. Of course that depends a lot on the type of software used, some programs simply do not have an alternative, for example AutoDesk software.

An alternative that I do use is to have a virtual machine with Windows, there I run from time to time things that only work in Windows, but it is normal that it takes months without using it.

For Microsoft Office there are many alternatives, Microsoft Office online (www.office.com), Google Docs, Libre Office, WPS, OnlyOffice just to mention the best known.

Greetings.

Answer