Notificaciones
remove all
[ BIENVENIDO - PLEASE READ THE FORUM DISCUSSION RULES - CLICK HERE - FIND OR SHARE SOLUTIONS ]

RECUERDA, EL FORO NO ES SOLO PARA HACER PREGUNTAS, TAMBIÉN PARA AYUDAR A OTROS SI CONOCES LA SOLUCIÓN

IF YOU EXPERIENCE VISUALIZATION ISSUES VIEWING THE FORUM PLEASE CLEAR YOUR BROWSER'S CACHE

AMD Drivers failure

Juan Pablo Duarte
Answers: 2
Registered
Iniciante del hilo
(@jpfinal)
New (a) Member

Hello, I am new to the forum as a user of this OS, I would like to know if someone can help me or have ideas.
I have an AMD R9 390X video card. and in deepin 15.9 like version 15.10 it doesn't work for me.
After a fresh install, the driver manager application does not give me any other options for drivers, saying that native ones are the best option.
The only way I've had to get the system running is with "nomodeset" on boot.
Otherwise, trying to turn on the computer normally a few seconds after logging in, you see some scratches on the screen and "boom" the monitor turns off as in a jockstrap state.
I have "googled" until I'm tired and I can't find any current guide on how to fix it or install any other option such as the mesa or proprietary drivers with the amdgpu-pro.
Hope someone can help me with this problem.
Thanks

Answer
2 Respuestas
2 Replies
Car
 Car
(@Car)

Honorable member
Respuestas: 721

From what I understand, does nomodeset work for you? If so, you shouldn't have a problem. Regarding AMD drivers in Linux, if you don't see an option in the driver manager, it's because AMD released its source code years ago for the community to keep the driver, it is called AMDGPU and it is the one they currently use, all distributions; This driver is implemented in the kernel and in the xorg and it should give you everything you need. Regarding your particular case, I think it is a configuration problem and that you have solved it by adding that parameter in the grub. Do not think that it can only happen to your R9 in fact there are many Nvidia that require parameters in the grub to be able to start the graphical interface

Answer
Juan Pablo Duarte
Registered
(@jpfinal)

New (a) Member
Answers: 2

It is that, from what I have read, it is not a solution. Disable drivers and graphical work is by cpu usage.
Comparable to windows xp (to say the least) when you didn't install the drivers and you had 256 colors and a giant image.
The amdgpu-pro from the amd drivers page I was referring to just in case.

Answer