Thunderbird is a free, open source and cross-platform application to manage email and groups of Newsnet. It is a local email application (rather than a web-based one) that is powerful yet easy to use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the people of Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership of your email. There are many additional add-ons available for Thunderbird that allow you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird offers you IMAP / POP support, a built-in RSS reader, HTML mail support, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, tags, return receipts, LDAP address filling of the smart address book, import tools and the ability to manage multiple email accounts and newsgroups.
What's New in Thunderbird 78.7.0:
- API extension: Composition API now supports editing of messages and templates as new messages
- API extension: composeHtml is now exposed in MailIdentity
- API extension: windows.update and windows.create now support titlePreface'Extension API: new accounts API functions: accounts.getDefault () and accounts.getDefaultIdentity (accountId)
- Extension API: body and plainTextBody are now used as composition mode selectors in the setComposeDetails and begin * functions of the composition API
- Topic: Removed double border around task description field on Tasks tab
- Account Manager: When deleting the last remaining account, the default account was not deleted and kept pointing to the account that no longer existed
- OpenPGP: Verification of a signed message online failed if it contained blank spaces at the beginning.
- OpenPGP: Other minor bug and stability fixes
- Mail Window: Quick Filter Bar Buttons Disappear When Hovering Over Windows 10 High Contrast Black Theme
- Issue: folder properties dialog contained black text on black background in dark mode
- Theme: Recipients' pills in compose window weren't visible in high contrast dark theme in Windows 10
- API extension: browserAction buttons were not resetting after restart if they were moved outside of the default toolbar
- Extension API: browser.compose.beginNew could not override identity plaintext setting
- Extension API: browser.compose.beginForward was ignoring ComposeDetails
- Extension API: browser.compose.setComposeDetails did not handle Windows-style line endings correctly
- Various security fixes
- Thunderbird runs slow on macOS Big Sur
If you use Deepines Store, Thunderbird will update automatically, if you want to speed up the process, you may receive the update faster by doing sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
Font: Thunderbird Blog.